The proper steps for installing your GenerLink transfer switch to your home can be found in the operation manual. This manual was included with the GenerLink and can be found in the Downloads tab.
Please follow the steps below to safely connect your portable generator to the GenerLink. These steps can be taken to test the GenerLink even while utility power is present.
1) Put your generator in a well ventilated area near the GenerLink.
2) Go to your breaker panel and turn off ALL the breakers except the main breakers.
3) Connect the female end of your GenerLok cord to the GenerLink. (Make sure it securely clicks in to place)
4) Connect the male end of the GenerLok cord to your portable generator.
5) Turn your portable generator on.
6) Go to your breaker panel and turn on essential breakers until you reach the maximum running wattage potential of your generator.
To switch to utilty power, turn off your generator and the GenerLink will automatically transfer back to using power from the grid. At this point, you can turn on all of your breakers in your breaker panel.