Properly Operating the GenerLink
The proper steps to hooking up your GenerLink transfer switch to your home can be found in the operation manual located in the box. If you have lost the manual please find a copy under the "Downloads" page and print a copy for referance.
Please follow the steps below to properly and safely connect your generator to the GenerLink.
Please note, these steps can be taken to also TEST the GenerLink while UTILTY POWER IS PRESENT.
1) Roll your generator to a well ventilated area near where the GenerLink is installed.
2) Go into your breaker panel and turn off ALL the breakers except the main breakers.
3) Connect the cord to the GenerLink (making sure it securely clicks into place) and connect the opposite end of the cord into your generator.
4) Turn your generator to the "ON" position (at which time you will hear a click and be running on generator power)
5) Go back into your breaker panel and turn on a few essential breakers one at a time until you reach the maximum running wattage potential of your generator.
To switch back to utilty power (if available) all you have to do is turn off your generator and the GenerLink will automatically transfer you back to the utility at which point you can turn on all your breakers and put the cord and the generator away.